Tuesday, October 15, 2019

ENDINGS

everything is ending
the weight of mourning grows over the years

death after death of pets and friends and family
accumulating into a past of painful reminders of who was

does me no good to believe in immortality
when I miss my cats and dogs so much I want to scream
when the brother I lost will never again answer his phone
with a stupid joke
or go on about cars
wouldn't annoy me now

No point in repeating death hurts
all day long
like an adolescence looking for enough depth
to write a song

no point in looking at car wrecks
maybe a recent death sends you seeking comfort
in a poem?

a pithy reminder that life goes on?

well, it does, and it will...

hurt and thrill and bore
until there are those days you feel can take no more

















No comments:

Post a Comment