Sunday, March 7, 2021

battle weary

 BATTLE WEARY

Wounds never heal.
Slow bleed out.
I move thru blood soaked battlefields
sword at the ready
raised and fallen too many times to count.
Given up for dead and risen to destroy again
Too many times for the horror to fit in my memory.
Standing alone
the last alive
in a circle of dead friend and foe.
Believing only in paradise
makes me fight fearless, reckless, ready to die.
Living only because God seems to make it so.
In a world turned dark with lies and treachery
strive to fulfill the vague mission of a God
asking only the Golden Rule,
feeling unworthy of even the air I breath;
trying not to believe the perceptions of my enemies,
my mistakes already a cats of nine tails ripping my flesh
every waking moment.
The lies of war
bitter on my lips.
The taste of my blood longed for then repulsing..
longed for and repulsive, long for and repulsive....
The gentle one I was long dead.
The death screams of his beliefs
echo in my every word... unheeded.*
*Sadly in this world, I must add DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME. These actions were taken by professionals, including the Armed Forces, and are NOT MEANT TO INSPIRE VIOLENCE, quite the opposite.... I do not want violence glorified, it deserves none.

No comments:

Post a Comment